As the new Finance Manager you will be in charge of all financial operations of the Curaçao & Bonaire office. Producing financial reports and guiding the executive manager in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations of the Curaçao and Bonaire territories including review of monthly payroll, timely submission of commissions statements, timely accounts receivable collection, payment of suppliers/taxes and managing the cash and investment position
- Is responsible to oversee and guide the financial team, this includes giving the necessary assistance to ensure proper functioning and development of the finance team including periodical reviews
- Track the performance of the Curaçao and Bonaire territories and identify areas for potential improvement on e.g. areas of operational efficiency or areas of cost savings
- Submission of financial reviewed data. The Finance Manager should provide accurate reviewed monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, which is submitted to the Stakeholders (internal and external) in a timely manner
- Provide financial reports to Board Members, Stakeholders, executives and client in formal meetings. Further the finance manager should provide insightful information and expectations to the senior executives to assist in long-term and short-term decision making
- Establish and maintain proper financial policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Monitor timely and accurate preparation of internal and external audit deliverables
- Takes decisions in day –to-day running of the department/daily operations of the office within the scope of your duties
- Reports to Executive Manager Finance on work being carried out in the department and on the preparation and content of accounting reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business/Economics/Finance or related field with prior management experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar position
- Excellent proven employee management and leadership skills
- Driven by numbers with an audit background and an analytical mindset
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Solution-oriented, proactive and structured approach
- Advanced Knowledge of Spread sheets application and Accounting Software
- Solid oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch. Papiamentu is a plus.
You dare to ask questions and are curious to understand everything about the internal and external processes. You take full responsibility and ownership over your team of 5, projects and tasks and make sure you deliver the results in time. You enjoy working with numbers and know how to communicate with all stakeholders. You have a commercial mindset and eager to learn and grow with the company.
Please send your resume and cover letter with motivation!